Mr. Postman and his Loyal Companion
My husband is a rural postal worker and I was so excited when Stampin’ Up! came out with the You Always Deliver stamp set! Believe it or not the postman on the stamp looks exactly like my husband, mustache and hat, included! Better, yet, the set includes an image of a little dog and we just happen to have an English Bulldog that looks like this stamp. My husband, Joe and our bulldog, Lyla are inseparable!
When my husband comes home at the end of the day, Lyla is waiting at the door for him. What is so funny about the rest of the stamps in this set, is that they include multiple box images that could create a scene that would likely occur if Lyla were to visit Joe at work. You wouldn’t think a little bull dog could jump up in the air, but Lyla can actually jump up as high as my husband’s waist and she thinks nothing of knocking things over to get near him!
Stamping about what’s important in life! – Joe and Lyla, such good friends!
So, for his birthday this year, I was able to make this very personalized and unique card for him that gave us all a good laugh and he will always have this card as a memory of him and his faithful companion!
Basic Instructions for making the SU You Always Deliver card
- Any colored cardstock (5 ½ x 8 ½; scored at 4 ¼)
- Any coordinating solid-colored DSP (4 x 5 1/4)
- Whisper White (4 x 5 1/4)
- Scrap pieces of Whisper White
- You Always Deliver Stamp Set
- Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set
- Ink – Memento-Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Blend markers to color the images
- Sharp scissors for cutting out stamped images
1. Take the scored colored cardstock and fold on the score mark to create the card base.
2. Use adhesive to center the DSP on the front of the colored cardstock card base.
3. Center the piece of Whisper White cardstock inside the card base.
4. Stamp the images as depicted on the card front and inside the card with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
5. Color the images with the Stampin’ Blend markers (or alcohol markers).
6. Cut the images out with your scissors after they are colored.
7. Adhere the images and sentiments to the front and inside of the card as shown; using Dimensionals to make some images pop up and others can be adhered flat to the paper.
8. Adhere additional heart embellishments on the front of the card.
One of the things that I love most about stamping and paper-crafting is the way I can use these tools to make individualized, unique, one-of-a-kind gifts for the special people in my life. I can make things that commemorate a special event or make cards and gifts to let people know that I appreciate them or are thinking of them. If this is something that you would like to do for the people in your life – join us at Plum Crazy Stamping!