The events of 2020 have certainly had me counting my blessings on a regular basis! Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner my thoughts are about the people in my life that have an impact on my life every day. I decided to make a card for the Thanksgiving Card Blog Hop with those folks in mind.
I am Traci Raether, owner and creative coach at Plum Crazy Stamping, where my goal is to make stamping easy!
I will be using stamps and designer series paper from the Ornate Garden Suite and also the Daisy Lane stamp set in creating this card for the Thanksgiving Card blog hop.
- Mint Macaron cardstock 5.5″ x 8.5″ (Scored at 4.25″ and 1.25″)Ornate Garden Suite
- Designer Series Paper (DSP) – (1″ x 5.25″)
- Whisper White cardstock (Scrap pieces)
Thanksgiving Card Instructions
- Create the card base by folding the Mint Macaron cardstock on the 4.25″ score line using your bone folder.
- Crease the fold score at 1.25″ as shown below.
- Adhere the two pieces of coordinating DSP strips on the small folded section and the edge of the card base as shown in the picture above.
- Use label punch to punch out the sentiment for the card front and then stamp with the sentiment with the Terracotta Tile ink. Adhere to the card front with adhesive.
- Make the inside sentiment by stamping on a 1″ x 3.5″ piece of Whisper White and making “banner cuts” on the ends. Adhere inside the card with adhesive.
- Using the Daisy Lane stamp set – stamp two large daisies and four small daisies with Terracotta Tile ink and then punch out with the respective punches, Daisy Punch and Medium Daisy Punch.
- Put together the daisies with adhesive. Color the center with an Early Espresso marker (the big daisy can be colored with Early Espresso or use a flower center). Then, put a dimensional on the bottom of the daisies to attach to the card.
Thanksgiving Card Supplies
Thanks for joining me and I hope you liked the card that I shared! The Ornate Garden Suite is so easy to work with and I found myself making numerous cards before I could put the stamp set and all the associated paper and embellishments away!
Please check out my Facebook – Plum Crazy Stamping business page for card video tutorials and other useful stamping info! There are other card ideas on this site to help make your card making easy – Plum Crazy Stamping.
Miriam A Baker says
Karen N Finkle says
Daisy Lane is such a great stamp set. #stampitcontest
Judy Parker says
I just ordered Daisy Lane love your idea beautiful card #stampitcontest
Eileen Thompson says
Kathy Oertle says
Love the beautiful colors in this card.
Denise Cain says
JaNette Howard says
great color choices. #stampitcontest
Juleen H says
Loving the daisies! #stampitcontest
Tina Wardell says
Love it TFS
Juanita Goulet says
MARLA LESNIAK says
Thanks for sharing – #stampitcontest
Cathy McKenzie says
Love it. #stampitcontest
Pamela Vega says
What a cheerful card! Love your layout and color combo!
JoAnn Porter says
really nice card
Pauline Vaughan says
Barb Patsch says
Barb Patsch says
Love this!!! #stampitcontest
Nancy Cox says
Kelly Jones says
I really like this card.
Melissa B Mitchell says
Love those colors!
Julie Mayer says
Cute card #stampitcontest
Sandy Berghuis says
Awesome – TFS!
Carlyn Lamb says
Being a daisy lover, I love this card! #stampitcontest
RITA TURKOWSKI says
Mary Burnett says
So non traditional, love it!
Debbie Wicklund says
Sheryl Moen says
My absolute favorite flower, so of course I love it!
C Sterling says
What a fun card & a great way to use some scraps up! #stampitcontest
Patti B says