Hello! I am excited to be a part of the Team Stamp It Summer Card Blog Hop. I am Traci Raether, Owner of Plum Crazy Stamping, and an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. This “hop” is all about summer and things that are patriotic – Enjoy and I hope you find some great ideas to make cards this summer!
You will learn how to make a beautiful summer card in this tutorial. The Stampin’ Up! High Tide stamp set with the new Good Taste Designer Series Paper is the perfect combination for making a summer card. A color wash of Daffodil Delight and Rococo Rose captures the summer sunset on the card. This card is a fancy fold design.
- Very Vanilla (4.25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″ and 6.25″), 3.75″ x 4.25″
- Night of Navy (4″ x 4.5″)
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 5/8″ x 4″
- Create the card base by folding the Very Vanilla thick cardstock on the 5.5-inch scoreline.
- Create the fun fold by folding the card front open at the 6.25-inch scoreline.
- Glue the 3/4 inch area between the first and second score lines on the card base and creates the fun old.
- Adhere the small piece of DSP to the front of the card on the small 3/4″ fold as an accent.
- On the 3.75″ x 4.25″ Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sand in Gray Granite, the lighthouse in Night of Navy, and water in Seaside Spray.
- Do a watercolor wash with Daffodil Delight and Rococo Rose for the sunset. This will need some time to dry.
- Stamp the birds and the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Adhere the stamped cardstock to the Night of Navy cardstock.
- Wrap the layered card front with linen thread and tie a bow on the right edge of the card front.
- Adhere the card front to the card base using adhesive.
JUNE LINK UP CODE:
- High Tide Stamp Set
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock
- Night of Navy Cardstock
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
- Night of Navy Ink
- Gray Granite Ink
- Seaside Spray Ink
- Crushed Curry Ink
- Rococo Rose Ink
- Linen Thread
Thanks for joining the Summer Card Blog Hop. Please check out my other card ideas on the Plum Crazy Stamping Blog!
Ready to get your FREE Stamping Supply List for Beginners?
The list will provide recommendations for basic supplies you need to get started stamping; identifying things you may already have at home, and provide advice about Stampin’ Up! products that are all-inclusive and require no additional supplies.