Hello! I am excited to be a part of the Team Stamp It Summer Card Blog Hop. I am Traci Raether, Owner of Plum Crazy Stamping, and an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. This “hop” is all about summer and things that are patriotic – Enjoy and I hope you find some great ideas to make cards this summer!
You will learn how to make a beautiful summer card in this tutorial. The Stampin’ Up! High Tide stamp set with the new Good Taste Designer Series Paper is the perfect combination for making a summer card. A color wash of Daffodil Delight and Rococo Rose captures the summer sunset on the card. This card is a fancy fold design.
- Very Vanilla (4.25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″ and 6.25″), 3.75″ x 4.25″
- Night of Navy (4″ x 4.5″)
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 5/8″ x 4″
- Create the card base by folding the Very Vanilla thick cardstock on the 5.5-inch scoreline.
- Create the fun fold by folding the card front open at the 6.25-inch scoreline.
- Glue the 3/4 inch area between the first and second score lines on the card base and creates the fun old.
- Adhere the small piece of DSP to the front of the card on the small 3/4″ fold as an accent.
- On the 3.75″ x 4.25″ Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sand in Gray Granite, the lighthouse in Night of Navy, and water in Seaside Spray.
- Do a watercolor wash with Daffodil Delight and Rococo Rose for the sunset. This will need some time to dry.
- Stamp the birds and the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Adhere the stamped cardstock to the Night of Navy cardstock.
- Wrap the layered card front with linen thread and tie a bow on the right edge of the card front.
- Adhere the card front to the card base using adhesive.
JUNE LINK UP CODE:
- High Tide Stamp Set
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock
- Night of Navy Cardstock
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
- Night of Navy Ink
- Gray Granite Ink
- Seaside Spray Ink
- Crushed Curry Ink
- Rococo Rose Ink
- Linen Thread
Thanks for joining the Summer Card Blog Hop. Please check out my other card ideas on the Plum Crazy Stamping Blog!