Like most of us, stampers often find themselves short on time and have asked me how to make cards quickly – fast and easy. The technique that I will be sharing today is fast and easy with SU Beautiful Friendship stamp set, five ink colors and matching cardstock. I will also show you how to make these cards flexible so they can be customized, at the last minute, when you need “to get it in the mail!” So let’s get stamping!
Stamping Instructions for 8 cards
- Whisper White (2 – 8 ½ x 11)
- Highland Heather (2 – 5 ½ x 8 ½ ; scored at 4 ¼ )
- Pear Pizzazz (2 – 5 ½ x 8 ½ ; scored at 4 ¼ )
- Pool Party (2 – 5 ½ x 8 ½ ; scored at 4 ¼ )
- So Saffron (2 – 5 ½ x 8 ½ ; scored at 4 ¼ )
- Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set
- Ink – Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, So Saffron and Soft Suede
1. Stamp a floral border using all five ink colors making a vertical and horizontal line of stamping that intersects in the center of the 8 ½ x 11 Whisper White cardstock.
2. Trim ½ inch off the long and short side of each piece of 8 ½ x 11 Whisper White cardstock which will result in two stamped 8 x 10 ½ pieces of cardstock.
3. Cut each of these pieces of cardstock into four card fronts measuring 4 x 5 ¼ inches.
4. Take the eight pieces of scored colored cardstock and fold them on their score mark to create eight card bases.
5. Adhere each card front to a card base with adhesive.
6. Stamp a sentiment of your choice to the front (and inside) of the card with the soft suede ink.
Note: You can wait to stamp the sentiment at the time you need to mail a card or you can make some pre-stamped sentiments and store with the cards and attach to the cards before using them.
I hope that you found this technique fun, fast and easy and will try it yourself! I would love to see what you come up with! If you are up for a challenge, I would love to see what you create and would invite you to share a picture of your card in the comments below. So, don’t delay – GET STAMPING AND HAVE FUN!
To check out other posts on products and techniques, here.