Wow! I can’t believe that summer is almost over and soon we will be enjoying Fall! Fall makes me think of friends – going back to school, sharing a campfire, or having a party…my birthday is in October. This fall friendship card made me think of enjoying time outside since I know winter will be around the corner and then I spend most of my time inside. I am Traci Raether, Creator, and Author of the Plum Crazy Stamping Blog. As a participant in this “fall blog hop”, I hope you find some great ideas to use while making your own cards like this fall friendship card.
In this tutorial, I am using Stampin’ Up! products from the Forever Greenery Suite including the Forever Fern stamp set and Forever Flourishing Dies; along with the Forever Greenery designer series paper and the Greenery embossing folder. I added two colors – Just Jade and Cinnamon Cider – from the 2020 – 2022 In Color cardstock since they went so well with this card.
- Very Vanilla (4,25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″) and (2.5″ x 2.5″)
- Just Jade (4″ x 5.25″)
- Shaded Spruce (2.5″ x 3″)
- Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper (4″ x 5.25″)
Instructions for Fall Friendship Card
- Create the card base by folding the Very Vanilla thick cardstock on the 5.5″ score line and make a crisp edge with your bone folder.
- Emboss the Just Jade cardstock with Greenery Embossing Folder.
- Cut the Just Jade cardstock and the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper (DSP) from corner to corner diagonally to cover half of the card base and use the opposite “triangle” from the DSP matched up to the Just Jade cardstock to complete the background for the card front.
- Die-cut the largest leafy branch out of Cinnamon Cider cardstock twice using the Forever Flourishing die to be layered on the background with the stems overlapping in the middle of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock in Shaded Spruce ink and then punch out the sentiment using the Tailored Tag punch.
- Mount the tag on a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock and cut around the tag creating a 1/8″ border around the tag. Adhere the sentiment tag to the card front with Dimensionals.
- Embellish with a ribbon and/or Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, if desired.
- Forever Fern stamp set
- Forever Flourishing Dies
- Forever Greenery designer series paper
- Greenery embossing folder
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock
- Very Vanilla Cardstock
- Just Jade Cardstock
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock
- Shaded Spruce Ink
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots
Thanks for joining the Fall Card Blog Hop. Please check out my other card ideas on the Plum Crazy Stamping Blog!